The registrations for SSC CGL 2016 has started & they have also activated the ‘apply online’ links.This exam is necessary to become eligible for Group B & C cadre jobs in central government ministries, departments & public sector offices in India.Since many new modifications have been made in the registration process, we are publishing the exact steps that tell you How to fill your SSC CGL 2016 online application form with post preferences.
The SSC CGL 2016 online application links will be open from February 13 to March 11, 2016 only.There will no extension of last dates.So make sure you apply in advance.
Steps to Apply Online
The SSC CGL application consists of two parts – Part I & Part II.
All candidates must complete & submit both the parts.Only then your registration will be considered as successfully registered.
2) On the right top corner, you will find a link that says ‘Examination’.Place your mouse on it & click on ‘Part – I registration’
3) A new page with details about SSC CGL 2016 dates shall be displayed.Open the link ‘Click here’ given below ‘Online form’
Part I Registration:
4) Enter all your personal details in this page by giving the accurate information (including spellings).
- Fill in the name & date of birth field as given in your Matriculation/Secondary Exam Certificate.
- Choose the category you belong (SC, ST, ExSM, PH & all females are eligible for fee exemption)
- Enter your valid valid Aadhar number (not compulsory)
- Under ‘Claiming Age Relaxation’, choose ‘Yes’ only if you have necessary document to prove it.
- Those from minority communities can choose ‘Yes’in the next field.
Type in your postal address along with your valid mobile number & email address.
Fill SSC Post Preferences
5) Now comes the most important step of filling the Preference of Posts.There are 30 different posts available & you need to enter the code number given for exach in the boxes numbered from 1 to 30.
See How to choose SSC Post Preferences & Job profiles of each position where we have explained the process along with our model list.
- Candidates applying for Statistical Investigator post must choose YES in the boxes – ‘Are you applying….’ & ‘Do you possess Educational Qualification (EQ)…’
- If you dont posses the education for that post, choose ‘NO’
AAO post requires a candidate to hold any degree.So everyone can choose Yes in the 3rd & 4th boxes as well.
6) Enter your educational qualification details by selecting the appropriate degree from the dropdown box & choose the subject/ discipline.If your subject is not listed, choose ‘Others’.
7) If you have work experience, fill those details as well.
Press Submit to move to the next page.
8) All the details entered by you including personal, contact info & post preferences would be displayed on screen.
- If there is any change to be made, click on the Update button.You would be transferred to the first page, where you may modify the details.
If there is no change, read the declaration, enter the random image in box & click on ‘I Agree’ button.
9) The Part I registration is now completed.
Candidates will be shown their registration ID, exam centre & few of their personal details.
Take a print of this page for future reference by clicking on the link ‘Print’.You can also save the page on your computer & take a printout later.
Part II Registration
In this stage, candidates are to submit fees & upload their photo along with signature.
10) Click on Part II registration link, where you need to provide your registration id & date of birth to enter.
11) In the next screen, upload your photograph & signature as per the sizes given
Click on ‘Upload Image’ button to proceed to next page.
12) Fees have to paid either by SBI Netbanking/Credit/ Debit cards or by Cash.Choose the appropriate option from the screen shown like below:
Through any SBI branch: Download the generated pay-in slip (pdf) & deposit the fees in the bank after 24 hours only.
Note: Other bank`s netbanking will not work.You will have to pay only via their ATM card or Credit card only.
After completing all the above steps including fee payment, a screen is displayed that plainly says “You have successfully submitted your application”
|There was NO confirmation email or sms sent by SSC to our email id & mobile number.So dont expect to receive them immediately.|
Candidates can however view their registered application or take a print of it by visiting the online application page.Click on ‘View / Print application’ link.
We hope these step-by-step instructions to register your SSC CGL 2016 online application form will help you.Incase you have any doubts, ask them below.