Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is in a workaholic mode for the past few weeks.With back to back important news & releases, the latest is about their 6th IBPS PO Exam 2016 notification for PO/ MT posts in public sector banks.The allotments for the second edition were notified few months ago, based on which banks are now recruiting for Probationary officer posts.
IBPS had been entrusted with the task of conducting, evaluating & publishing results for an all India common test to facilitate filling of bank jobs.
Candidates clearing the test would be called for common interviews following which they have to register their order of preference among the participating 20 public sector banks or any other financial institution.
Dates to Note:
Online registrations shall start from July 26 to August 13, 2016
IBPS PO preliminary exam on October 16, 22 & 23, 2016
Main examination on November 20th
Final allotments to be completed by April 2017
No. of Vacancies
For the first time ever, IBPS has published an indicative list of vacancies in banks.A total of 8822 bank jobs are to filled in the year 2017-18 across 20 public sector banks.
This is only a tentative (temporary) list & changes may happen.
The job allotments will happen based on the final list of vacancies reported by banks.So the number of jobs may slightly increase or decrease in the upcoming months.
Am I Eligible to Register?
If you wish to apply for IBPS PO 2016 exams here are the latest conditions:
- Agelimit: 20 – 30 yrs (+3 yrs for OBC,+5 yrs for SC/ST) as on July 1, 2016
- Should posses a degree from a recognized university as on Aug 13, 2016
There is no specific percentage required in graduation.Pass in degree is enough to apply for these exams.
IBPS PO 2016 Exam Pattern:
Like previous years, the 2016 IBPS PO Exams shall follow a two stage process – Preliminary & Main Exam.Both shall be conducted only through online mode.
- Prelims test will have 100 questions that should be answered within 1 hour.
- IBPS will fix cutoffs for each section & total score, which candidates need to score to pass in prelims.
Candidates who qualify in the preliminary test will only be eligible for main examination.
- Main exam would have 200 questions with a total duration of 2 hours.
- Eash section must be completed within the specified time limit
- You must achieve the cutoff scores (section-wise & total) to be called for common interviews.
For every wrong answer, negative mark of 0.25 would also be reduced in both prelim & main exam.
IBPS PO Books & Online Courses
To prepare for IBPS PO exams, books & online courses including videos are now available online.Here are some top rated guides from renowned publishers
* IBPS PO Exam Guide (latest edition + solved papers) - Rs.475 – Buy online
* IBPS PO online course & videos: Click here to buy concept videos & lessons for Rs.1199 from Chalkstreet (20% exclusive discount coupon applied at payment page)
In the upcoming days, we shall inform you about more relevant study materials for IBPS PO exams 2016.
Fee & Registrations:
The application fees are fixed at Rs.100 (SC/ST) or Rs.600 (others) with the option of paying it through,
Online (from Jul 26 – Aug 13): Visit ibps.in & click on the online application to fill the necessary details.After submitting the form, you would be directed to the online fee payment gateway.
- Pay the appropriate fee amount using netbanking/credit or debit cards
- After the transaction is complete, print the generated e-receipt
- If application submission is successful, a registration number & password would be shown that has to be noted.
There is no option to pay the fees at any local banks.Everybody must pay online only.
You are also advised to take a print of the completely filled application form as it has to be produced at the time of interviews.
Read it here
The complete IBPS PO 2016 exam notification for bank jobs in India can be downloaded from their website here (.pdf)
Online application links Click here to apply.