“How to prepare for SBI PO exams in 30 days/ 2 months, What SBI PO study plan to follow, What is the syllabus for SBI PO exams” are some of the common questions asked by candidates getting ready for SBI PO exams 2017.The huge competition for these jobs is the main reason for applicants to look for a perfect SBI PO exam preparation strategy.
2313 PO vacancies are to be filled as part of SBI PO recruitment 2017 & the selection process involves two phases
- Phase I – Preliminary Exam
- Phase II – Main Exam
Since the prelims exam is to be conducted on April 29, 30 & May 6,7th we are publishing a very detailed SBI PO 2017 study plan to help you prepare in 60 days.
Before proceeding further, let us take a look at the exam syllabus along with the topics to cover in each section.
SBI PO Prelims Syllabus
Many freshers want to know about how to crack sbi po exam in their first attempt.Our answer to them is – Know the SBI PO exam pattern first.The prelims test comprises of:
- 1 hour time limit
- 3 sections
- 100 questions | 100 marks
As this prelims paper does not have GK section, you can concentrate only on the following 3 core subjects.
Quantitative Aptitude: This section will have 35 questions from the following chapters:
- Numbers – Basics of Number Systems; HCF & LCM; Simplication; Number Series
- Arithmetic – Averages & Allegations; Ratio & Proportion; Percentage, Profit & Loss; Simple & Compound Interest; Age Problems; Speed, Time & Distance; Time & Work
- Modern Math – Probability; Permutations & Combinations
- Geometry – Mensuration (question around area, perimeter and volume)
- DI – Data Interpretation & Data sufficiency
It is very likely that DI will be part of QA as most PO exams including IBPS PO refer to this section as “Quantitative Aptitude” but a significant portion of it is dedicated to DI questions.
Reasoning: It will have 35 questions asked from the below topics:
- Analytical Reasoning – Seating Arrangements, Grouping, Selection, Matching etc
- Other Verbal Reasoning - Blood Relations, Coding-decoding, Input-Output, Critical Reasoning (Statement-Assumption, Strong & Weak Arguments, Courses of Action), Direction Sense, Venn diagrams.
While the level of questions shall be of easy to moderate level, each correct answer fetches you 1 mark.
English: This section shall contain 30 questions from the following areas:
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks
- Reading Comprehension
It is compulsory to pass in each section by scoring the necessary prelims cutoffs.Each wrong answer will fetch you 0.25 negative mark too.
SBI PO Study Plan
A comprehensive SBI PO study plan has been designed based on the latest syllabus & importance of topics.
Reading the table:The topic colors tell you the expected no. of questions from a specific topic.
The mentioned time in the plan is for an entire week & not for 1 day.It also recommends allotting 25% of the time for learning & 75% for practice.
For example, if 8 hours is mentioned for a topic, it means that you spend 2 hours for learning the concepts & 6 hours in practicing them.
Want a more personalized plan? Click here to create your own personal SBI PO Prelims exam plan using Oliveboard’s study planner.
As you can see from the table, the final weeks are completely allotted only for practicing. This is mainly to improve your speed & accuracy which is very much required for the SBI PO prelims.
Important: Only if you qualify in the preliminary test, you will be shortlisted for the main exam.Hence a systematic approach for all round preparation is necessary.
This SBI PO exam study plan was exclusively created for BankExamsIndia.com readers by Oliveboard.It is an exam preparation site for Bank PO exams providing Videos, Study Material, Practice Tests and Test Series for SBI PO (Prelims & Mains) and IBPS PO (Prelims & Mains).They were chosen as one of the top education startups of India.
Click here to visit the site & try SBI online mock tests from Rs.499 onwards.It will help to analyse your strong & weak areas while preparing and revising.
SBI PO Exam Books:
Before moving with the SBI PO study plan, you need to have the necessary books that shall help you to self study from home.
All the books listed below are very popular among candidates.They have received many positive reviews & rated as cheap & best on online book stores.
Online Mock Tests
* Click here to buy 20 SBI PO prelims & 10 mains online mocks for Rs.749
Guides & Practice Stuff:
* Click here to buy SBI PO Exam Guide (for Prelims & Main Exam) – Rs.360
* Click here to buy online Practice sets for SBI PO prelims exam for Rs.70
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant publications – Rs.187 – Click here to buy
Objective English by S P Bakshi for Rs.171 – Click here to buy online
1. Analytical reasoning by M.k pandey – Rs.158 – Click here to buy online
We believe the above syllabus, study plan & books will help you in managing the available time effectively to crack the test.