Whenever new bank jobs are announced, a prominent question that is asked by candidates across various online forums is
‘I have low score in UG, Can i apply with PG marks’.Its difficult to answer this as everyone has a view of their own which makes the situation even more chaotic.For the benefit of all, we have tried to explain the criteria in simple words.
Public sector banks fix certain conditions for applicants inorder to register their applications.It includes education, age, special skills like language, computer operations etc.,
UG marks count
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university with 55% or more marks.
What it means is, applicants must have secured 55% marks or above in UG.
- Though you may have high marks in PG, the bank by asking for graduation as minimum – they are concerned only about your undergraduate marks.
- So if you see the above sentence in an advt & have scored less in UG & more in PG – you are not eligible to apply!
Confusion all around
Due to the generalistic meaning of the word ‘graduation’, many candidates especially those with PG holders had a tough time in taking a decision due to lack of trusted source.Some called the respective banks only to be told - not eligible.A recent article on Businessline too confirm this.
When to apply with PG marks?
Post-Graduation marks shall be taken into account for specialist officers recruitment (for Agri officer/ IT officer/ Marketing officer,Technical officer etc.,)
Request to banks:
On behalf of numerous youngsters waiting to build a career in banking, BankExamsIndia.com requests all banks to consider the following for future announcements,
- Publish the educational qualifications in a more simple & understandable manner.
- Specify whether UG or PG marks are required, rather than just mentioning graduation or degree.It doesn't occupy too much space, right?
- Just like payscale, uniform eligibility criteria for PO & clerk posts could be followed.
- A temporary contact centre during recruitments could be setup.Those with doubts about the process shall call here & get it clarified.It helps avoid spread of rumors & false advice.
If you have anything to say, voice it through comments.