There has been lot of activity on our Orkut group ,ever since the SBI results for recruitment of 11000 clerks were released. State bank of India has started the interview process for those selected candidates & many members of our group were kind enough to share their interview questions with others.
So, we have decided to re-publish their experiences here so that all candidates including non members of our Orkut group can benefit.
The Panel : For most candidates the interview lasted between 10-25 mins.The topics were related to India, banking, economy, current affairs & from your resume. Many candidates informed us that the Interview panel(senior officials) were cool & the session was full of fun.Now, let us move to the questions -
Bhawana sharma says ,she was asked about -
* Family background.
* Willing to relocate/ work in rural areas or not?
* Reason for doing MBA after B.Tech (candidate is B.Tech,MBA graduate)
* My MBA was in HR & Finance so they asked abt HR and Subjects in Finance
* About Financial Institutions, Share market, Mutual Funds,Nifty, BSE etc.
* My SWOT analysis (Strength,Weakness,Opportunity,Threats)
* About my hobbies (in resume)
* Names of RBI Governor, President, VP & Deputy chairman of Planning commission
* Asked how will i judge a candidate if he/she is suitable for a job?
* Few questions on RBI,SBI, Recession, Subprime crisis etc.,
* What is written on a 100 rupee note and whose signature are there on it?
barun shares his experience as,
* Tell something about SBI
* Questions related to hobbies
* What are monetary policies
* Repo rate, SLR ,Addhar (The new name of UID Project)
* Why did you apply for clerk job in bank?
* Five years down the line u will be like to be at?
* Will the IPL controversy put a bad image to IPL?
* About Cut motion (recent issue in parliament)
soumya:Xpectin d says,
* Asked about SBI.
* Importance of March 8 & what happened on that day in Indian parliament.(answer is Women's day & 33% women`s reservation bill)
* Questions from resume/ biodata.
priya details her turn -
* Asked about SBI & SBI associate banks
* Kinds of loan that SBI provides
* About savings bank account & rate of interest for them
* Difference between Private & Public sector banks
* What are the foreign banks in India
* About my hobby (Reading), I was asked who is the author of ‘Discovery of India’
* Headlines of today's newspaper
~Pritha~ says that one of her friend was posed these questions -
* Selection procedure for Rajyasabha members
* IPL results along with best batsman, best bowler etc...
* Family background.
* 5 questions from subject of study in college
End of Part 1. Check out the Part –2 of candidates experiences at the State bank of India interview session.