After the examinations here comes the time to prepare for IBPS PO common interviews.Bank job aspirants might feel their goal posts changing constantly nowadays.Armed with the suggestion of government IBPS announced its decision to conduct a single interview for PO & clerk jobs in 20 public sector banks of India.
Though common interviews are expected to reduce the recruitment time & eliminate repeat selections of candidates it’s not without disadvantages.
|Failure to score pass mark in CI will lead to disqualification from the entire process making an individual to wait till next year if he/she wishes to apply for bank jobs again.|
But it isn't hard to crack bank interviews with proper planning.While many might be looking for coaching centres we have compiled a definitive preparatory guide for IBPS common interviews.
Be Updated on Current Affairs
If you are not a regular reader of newspapers, make it a habit atleast from today.Since the interviews are slated only from 2nd week of January 2013, there is enough time to acquaint yourself with events of national & business importance.
- In addition to general newspapers read business dailies as they cover each sectors specifically including banking.
- With the government in reforms mode, pay attention to headline stories.
- Go through editorial & letters column to get different opinions on a story.
Its advisable to refer English newspapers as most interviewers prefer answers in English language.Moreover you can greatly improve vocabulary & sentence formation skills that are vital for communication.
What books to prepare for IBPS common interviews? This question is being asked by some recently.Our suggestion is to be yourself & give honest answers because the panel can easily find out if your replies are real or memorized.
* Bank Interview Guide (with 20 mocks) – Rs.119 – Buy online
* Banking Awareness (for definitions used in indian banks) – Rs.138 – Buy online
So use these books as reference materials rather than mugging each page!
Practice to Perfection
Majority of candidates fail in personal interviews due to panic & the only solution to wade this through is by practicing.Here are some tips that can be easily followed.
- Form a group among your friends & conduct mock interviews.
- Assign any of your family member as interviewer & rehearse with common bank interview questions
- Sit before a mirror & practice by perfecting your body language, expressions & responses.
The main purpose of conducting mock interviews is to erase fear of projecting one`s character before others.So feel completely at ease while facing the panel.
Over the years BankExamsindia.com had published many articles related to bank job interviews including candidate experiences.Here is a list of those for your reference,
* Experience #1: I was asked why did you choose bank jobs
* Exp #2: Questions on banking terms
* Exp #3: How can you compete with MBA guys
There are more shares from our readers which can read by visiting the interview preparation zone.